Direct Procurement Manager – Packaging & Coman
- PepsiCo Foods Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 2500 Competitive
- Posted: 09 Aug 2018
This role is responsible for the flexible packaging, corrugated & all kinds of secondary packaging for Vietnam MU and APAC Coman. This role is responsible for leading the sourcing activities, including spend analysis, sourcing, supply development, identifying productivity opportunities and performance monitoring, control and reporting for all packaging spend within Vietnam approx. The role is responsible for identifying and developing cross-functional teams to deliver TCO reduction strategies, as well as managing relationships with senior operations, supply chain, and R&D managers, MU leadership teams, as well as suppliers. The will also actively engage with CU and Regional marketing teams to support sample for trial and commercialize marketing and promotion activities, and coordinate with Operations supply function for effective planning, inventory management, and supplier coordination.
- Leads and coordinates the AOP process execution for GP Packaging Categories: Identifying and vetting productivity projects, development of the Annual Plan, Alignment of key stakeholders, development of resource plans, and timings for execution.
- Drive 12.5% of compressible spend in YoY reductions in conversion, freight and value engineering. Reduce costs year on year net of inflation and quality investments.
- Optimize packaging specifications through understanding the levers that drive cost in the supply chain by taking a holistic view – both upstream at Suppliers’ plants, and downstream in PepsiCo’s distribution supply chain. Active participation in cross-functional teams (Operations, R&D and Marketing) to lead packaging value re-engineering ideation and execution.
- Identify and deliver value engineering opportunities in the packaging category, leveraging supplier and market insights, leveraging R&D resources, as well as networking with peers in PepsiCo and lift & shifting of ideas from Global/ Sector/ Region.
- Maximize the performance of packaging suppliers to ensure they deliver sustainable productivity and competitive advantage through the execution of their contractual obligations. Develop and implement structured supplier performance reviews and key performance indicators for categories managed. Manage compliance to the contract terms and obligations through quarterly performance reviews with local MU procurement, quality, R&D, and supply chain teams.
Drive Future Success
- Transform the packaging category in Vietnam through strategy ownership, and supplier development and work with COE to unlock the next generation of technology investments by the suppliers in the markets. Leverage ASEAN trade policies to identify and leverage imports/exports of flexible packaging materials to various MUs and build a cohesive regional supply base.
- Support the Film COE to transform the packaging category in Vietnam to unlock the next generation of technology investments by the suppliers in the markets, and build a cohesive regional supply base.
- Harmonise the Film portfolio to enable combination printing on at least 80% of the portfolio. Develop a harmonization strategy by building and executing mathematical algorithms to reduce unique cut-offs, maximize utilisation of press widths.
- Leads and performs analysis of Customer Segmentation and Customer Value Offer strategies to develop incremental growth
Leadership Team Accountabilities
- Commodity Productivity Team – Leader/core member
- APAC Flexible Packaging COE – core member
- Minimum 5 years+ experience in a senior Procurement Category Management position
- Effective leader in cross-functional project teams
- Effective People Leader
- Sound Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated technical procurement knowledge of packaging conversion to ensure the continued adoption and use of best practice approaches
- Degree qualified
- Proven influencing skills to positively impact complex negotiations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Contract writing / risk analysis / liabilities and indemnities / SLA’s / and general commercial terms
About PepsiCo Foods Vietnam
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for
PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate.
In recognition of its continued sustainability efforts, PepsiCo was named for the sixth time to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and for the seventh time to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America) in 20012.